Sunday, November 20, 2005

wiThoughts

I look at Bloglines and I see many of my friends getting on with their lives. Those who've had upheavals in the past few months seem to be adjusting well, with or without the people in their lives that they love or cared about. Before, when they were going through it all, all I could do was stare at the screen and read, helpless to offer anything more than typed words of comfort. At the end of the day, that's all I can do. Because an ocean separates us.

I don't know most of them. Have never met them in person. But still, at the end of the day, I still care for them. Why? I don't know. It's ironic that I met them through a role-playing site, that I met and interacted for them in a place that encourages you to be anything but yourself. Yet I find them more fascinating when they're themselves rather than the characters they play.

Why is that? I don't know. I really don't. However, I suspect that it's because with them, they're real people. They're not made-up. I have this thing for interacting with RL people rather than characters, because they're just so fascinating.

No matter what, nothing compares to Real Life, no matter how shitty it can get. It's random, insane, but ultimately, it's where we live.

Leslie, Kyle, Geoff, Mel, to everyone on Sages... *Raises glass* Happy Anniversary.

And yes, I know this post is VERY late.^_^

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers, Pat!

-The Legendary Kyle

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::laugh:: I don't know, Naoko

..sometimes wandering back into my fantasy cubby-hole is more than comforting.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home