Thursday, August 05, 2004

Respect

Respect, as many have often said, must be earned, and once it's gone, like trust, it is difficult to regain. However, there are some people that automatically 'must' have a person's trust and respect. Parents and the guardians. What happens though, when the parents lose that trust? No, I am not referring to incest and abuse (only abuse of power). Those are heinous crimes, and I'll cover them later.

What follows here will be a rant with not much relevance to the above topic. Please skip if you don't want to read it.

I'm talking about parents who seem to think that they have the right tomake their children into puppets simply because they are the ones who have 'brought' the kids up. My mother, though I hate saying this, has a certain claim to that right. She was there for most of my life.

My father on the other hand, is an absentee father. He was never there, and when he was, he was only there for my mom and brother. Is there any real reason I should respect him? He seems to think that simply because he has a penis, he should be the one in control. For those who know me pretty well, do you see WHY I'm a feminist?

I would be the first one to say that not all men are like my father. Most of them are kind and nice. However, my father is one of those who seems to think I owe HIM a favour simply because I disappointed HIM. Please! He can disappoint me and expect to get away with it? This, coming from a man who could not even attend his daughter's first concert?

Some people don't deserve to die. He doesn't, mainly because think his insurance isn't paid up. If he dies, everything else goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home